Any thoughts on S4 battery life?

sharpimage

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Not seen any comments or predictions of battery life for the S4.

It doesn't help that Apple just quote the 18 hours when the S3 gets so much longer. With the thinner case and larger screen, I can imagine that the S4 won't last as long as the S3 and it would be so disappointing to upgrade only to find it actually only has 18 hours battery life

Any thoughts?

Neodym

macrumors 68020
Jul 5, 2002
While thinner, the case is also bigger, allowing for a bigger battery. Together with efficiency improvements due to the newer tech in S4, I think that battery time might be quite similar (if not better on the S4 - after all Apple quotes 1 hour more battery time on the S4 over S3 for workouts, GPS & music streaming).

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Not seen any comments or predictions of battery life for the S4.

It doesn't help that Apple just quote the 18 hours when the S3 gets so much longer. With the thinner case and larger screen, I can imagine that the S4 won't last as long as the S3 and it would be so disappointing to upgrade only to find it actually only has 18 hours battery life

Any thoughts?
18 hours has always been what Apple claims conservatively, we all know we can achieve more than that based on usage and settings. Even when I owned the Series 2, I was well over 22 hours with the battery life, and even more so with the Series 3 because of the bigger battery due to the LTE requirement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.