Any tips for cleaning this?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by heyryanleys, Mar 21, 2012.

1. heyryanleys, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

heyryanleys macrumors newbie

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster! Feel free to tell me if I posted this in the wrong spot. Anyways, I just took of the case I've been using on my phone for the back three months to do some spring cleaning and I found some unexpected dirt. Some was easy to clean up with a cloth, but there is this one area I can not get rid of! I'm afraid to use water because it's so close to the headphone jack, so any non-liquid solutions would be great! Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. alecapple macrumors regular

If you had it in a case, the dirt probably polished/scratched the metal there. Which would explain why you couldn't clean it off. At least it has some character now...

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It does look like damage as opposed to dirt, but...Take a clean new micro fibre cloth, and dampen it with plain water...you can be pretty rough with it as it will not damage your phone. If that won't shift it, I'd leave it alone. It's not really noticeable.

4. heyryanleys thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I figured it was pretty much there for good. It's not that big of a deal, I was just wondering if there was a quick fix. Thanks for the timely responses!

5. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Take a Q-tip, dip it in alcohol and squeeze out the excess from the cotton tip so it is just damp. You may have to use more than one Q-tip to get it all off, but it should work. This BTW, is the classic method of cleaning nearly anything electronic.