any tips on cleaning the 3rd gen ipad pro smart keyboard???

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by akaalienwarrior, Jul 14, 2019.

1. akaalienwarrior macrumors newbie

Hello, I recently purchased this iPad pro smart case from eBay for a fair price and was wondering if anybody knew of a way to remove these sticker stains from the case? Any ideas on how to safely clean these types of silicone cases? Thanks![​IMG]

2. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I hope someone responds with a solution to this issue. I don’t use mine much, so no problems so far.

However, my Apple non-keyboard folio had to be replaced by Apple as it was deteriorating from simple handling. The replacement isn’t too far behind in weird wear.

I’m afraid even a moist, soft, towel cleaning is going to bring out the weird ‘wet” cardboard effect my first folio. I was told by the Apple rep. I, “Must have sweaty hands’. :rolleyes:

It seems that these covers are highly permeable to moisture and finger oils and don’t respond well to cleaning.

3. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

The material that Apple uses for their covers and keyboard do not respond very well to cleaning. I tried cleaning a cover on a model that I traded in for my iPad Pro and it only made things worse. Probably best to just wipe it with a slightly damp cloth or not do anything to it at all.

4. ondert macrumors 6502

ondert

there were white sponges that called something like "magic sponge", don't remember at all. they were great for cleaning the bottom part of white unibody MacBooks from 2009 & 2010. Both the materials seem similar to me.

5. taoisawesome macrumors member

use baking power!
    mix it with water, then use linte-free cloth.
    It works well on me!