General Any tips to avoid freezing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by angelwings, Mar 17, 2013.

1. angelwings macrumors member

I jailbroke my iphone earlier today however Ive already had to restore it 3 times.

Some tweaks that were downloaded cause the phone to either have the loading circle spin forever or the apple logo to stay on the screen.

If there any way to look out for what tweaks might do this and avoid them?

2. linds15 macrumors 6502a

best thing to do if add tweaks one by one, and in between each play around with the phone for a little, this way you know which tweak causes the problem. also, look through the forums for the most used tweaks, and peoples favourites, outside of theming the most useful, and the best tweaks are all discussed and it will give you some direction

also, may seem silly but ensure that the tweak in question is updated for ios6

3. TC25 macrumors 68020

Listing them in your post would be a good start.

4. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

Google the tweak before you install, or search for it here. See if other people are having problems with it or if it's compatible with the OS you are on.

5. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

Just some tips:

- Always check Evasi0n website for the latest updated tool.
    - Don't install cracked apps.
    - Don't install 200 tweaks on your phone, mainly the ones nobody never even heard about them but you.

If recognize any of what I wrote above, you already know how to fix your problem. :)

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Do you have a lot of tweaks installed?

If you are ever stuck at the apple logo, boot up your phone while holding the volume up button. This will disable mobile substrate which is what all tweaks need. Using this method to uninstall the last tweak you installed that's causing the problem, you won't have to restore just to get a working phone because of a bad tweak