Any tips to improve battery life from iPhone SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bubulol, May 1, 2016.

1. bubulol macrumors 6502

Hello, i got iPhone SE since few days and battery life drains very fast, i dont have even downloaded many apps, settings mostly by default
    I noticed battery life at idle drains like 7/8% per night
    I have heard iPhone battery life at idle is amazing, i am very disappointed
    How to improve battery life without doing idiots settings that would disable anything?

Thanks

2. Chair4Life macrumors newbie

Chair4Life

Uhh, mine has amazing battery life.. When did you get it?

3. bubulol thread starter macrumors 6502

Two days ago, i am quite disappointed about battery life standby, at idle, it drains very quick

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps over the first day or two it was still doing some sync operations related to some iCloud data?

5. chscag macrumors 68000

If it doesn't improve over the next several days, take it back. Where did you buy it from?

6. bubulol thread starter macrumors 6502

7. jahall05 macrumors regular

I have a 6 and here is what I have done to improve battery life

1. Location Services
    -Turn off any location service you are not going to use
    -Specific applications will request location services and most people just hit OK when it asks for it
    -Under Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Only ones I leave ON are: Find My iPhone, Wifi-Calling

2. Spotlight
    -This used to cause some users performance issues...I turn mine off because I never use it

3. Notifications
    -Turn off notifications for anything you don't need notifications from
    -A few applications I like notifications from, but have set it to just give me a badge on the application icon instead of turning on the screen and popping up

4. Background App Refresh
    -I turned this off entirely. I don't need it to refresh and have my application pre-loaded before they open all the time. I will wait the few seconds for stuff to load to save some battery

5. iCloud
    -Turn off anything you don't want to sync. I don't sync my photos since they're on my Mac anyways. I also don't do iCloud backups since they never work right for me anyways, so I just occasionally backup to my Mac via cable.

Hope this helps!