Any Tips To Run An Old Tablet On Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RussRenshaw, Aug 19, 2008.

1. RussRenshaw macrumors newbie

I've just purchased an 24" AlumiMac with 10.5.4 and, of course, I'm loving it. This is my first dip into the Mac pool since using an Apple //e back in school so I've got a lot of Windows peripherals laying about.

I've got an old Aiptek 8000u tablet that I'd like to use in Photoshop CS3, but I'm running into a problem. The pressure function works fine, but the cursor on screen doesn't track when I move the pen around on the tablet. I find it strange that only half of the functionality works, so the Mac does understand that it is a tablet.

I've hunted around and couldn't find any OSX drivers or any information to get it to work. Does anyone have any tricks or tips to get an old tablet to work on a new Mac?

Thanks in advance.

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

3. RussRenshaw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Dmac.
    6 Euro's seems a little pricey though...

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Cheaper then a new tablet, I imagine. :)

And since a third-party went through the effort of writing drivers because the manufacturer couldn't be bothered to, I think they're entitled to a little remuneration.

5. RussRenshaw thread starter macrumors newbie

I hunted around a little more and on Aiptek's .DE site I found an OSX driver for another Graphics Tablet that they sell, the Pen Pad, installed that and now it's working fine.

6. macspresso macrumors newbie

maybe this driver..

after searching for drivers for my Aiptek Slim Tablet 600U, i found the same kind of tablet from different companies. Aiptek, Medion, Aldi, Trust, Genius, and Pentagram..
    and all the drivers didnt install.. they all get stuck while 33 files has to be written yet.

then i searched for Pen Pad Tablet Driver V1.72 and found this

good luck!
    finally, succes.. with Leopard, 10.5.6! woohoo! greets from NL