Carrier Any TMobile Employees Here?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnthonyCM, Jul 18, 2015.

1. AnthonyCM macrumors regular

So, my iPhone 5s is almost shot (bent, and screen now pulling away from body). I don't want to purchase a new phone with the 6s presumably around the corner. I had been toying with switching from AT&T to T-Mobile a few months back, but didn't pull the trigger for some reason or another (I'm in NYC, so I should have good coverage).

Now, I was thinking I'd go to T-Mobile, get the 6 with the T-Mobile Jump plan and then switch out for the 6s in the fall. Sadly, I see that T-Moblle has changed their plans since I've last looked.

I was wanting the two lines of unlimited LTE data for $100. That's no longer listed as one of their plans on their site. Do any employees here (or recent customers) know if they can still provide that in the store as an incentive to get me to switch carriers? Yes, I can go hit the store myself and see, but wanted to know if anyone has had any luck trying since T-Mobile changed their plans a couple of weeks back.

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I don't work for T-Mobile, but I can tell you people have asked on r/tmobile and official employees have said "No" every time.

Sorry you missed out on the program :(

3. AnthonyCM thread starter macrumors regular

Bah! Well, thanks for the quick reply, anyway. Their current promotion (4 lines of 10GB each for $120) is only through Labor Day, so I'll keep my eyes open to see if they reinstate their 2 lines for $100 promo again afterwards. I'm sure they'll do something leading up to the release of the next iPhone. I just hope my sad, busted, iP5s can make it that long.

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I too was going to go with one of their plans that no longer is there. Sprint is, literally, the worst carrier in my area and I'm paying a disgusting amount for 5 lines with absolute crap service. I was hoping to switch to T-Mobile as they'll buy me out of my contract and give me 5 lines, with 2.5GB per line (about how much everyone uses per month) for $110. Unfortunately that same plan has no gone down to 1GB per line, with me needing to pay a total of $50 extra to get roughly the same amount as before.

I see their new "10GB each" promotion and it is a good deal, although I'll go down to the T-Mobile store and see if there's anything they can do about their recent other plans. It's a long shot, but it's worked before with both Sprint and Verizon.

5. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I think the 2.5GB per line deal was a promotion to add 1.5GB of data onto the base 1GB option. That promo was set to expire in January.

6. Don't Stop macrumors newbie

Don't Stop

I'm on that plan, it was a limited time promotional deal.

T-Mobile's jump plan last time I had it, was where you can upgrade to a new phone after you paid off half or more of your current phone's retail (off contract) price. So there's really no point in getting the iPhone 6 right now, make a payment next month, and pay off half the phone outta pocket, just to upgrade to the 6s or 6s+. Just wait, it's 2 months away.

7. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Oh I'm talking about Jump On Demand. According to them, it's exclusive to the iPhone 6 ($15 a month) and 6 Plus ($19 a month) where you can upgrade your phone up to 3 times a year, for absolutely no extra cost. No upgrade fee, no pay-off-half-of-the-phone, nothing.

$15/month would let me lease the phone and swap it for any other phone for no cost, up to 3 times a year. Only if I cancel service do I have to pay the remaining phone balance. I'm just going off of what their site says about On Demand, and what their rep told me at the store.

8. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

True. The only added bit is that they recommend getting T-Mobile's insurance for $8/month because if there is even any slight damage to the device T-Mobile will charge you a fee; probably a couple hundred dollars. Other than that, it sounds like a good plan for people who like to switch a lot.

9. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

The 4 line for a $100 with 2.5 gig of data per line was made permanent for those on it but has been discontinued I believe just this month. I love T Mobile. I live in the Atlanta area and the reception here is great. It can get spotty outside metro areas though or end up on 2g.