Any Translators for Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by grizzlyedwin, Jan 1, 2014.

1. grizzlyedwin macrumors member

Google Chrome has an integrated translator which allows me to browse foreign websites and it automatically pops up a notification asking me if I'd like to translate the text on the foreign website.

Is there any add ons for Safari that will allow me to translate the entire website automatically without having to abandon it?

Also I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in. If it is, I'd like to ask any of the mods to please move it where it belongs.

Thank you!

2. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Translate Safari Extension. Go to Safari preferences>extensions. Click get extensions. Translate extension is about halfway down the page on the right.

3. grizzlyedwin thread starter macrumors member

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

4. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

5. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

Hi,

sorry to reopen this old threat. I am in the same need and I installed a translation extension but I am not sure if it is the above mentioned one?

It is very slow and also does not automatically translate foreign language websites like google chrome does. I would like to get rid of the battery eating Chrome but I need a good, fast and automatic translation of entire webpages.

Any further recommendations?

6. rmallia macrumors newbie

rmallia

Thanks. That worked for me perfectly! Clicking the download button might just download the application in the download folder. And when we try to click on it, it shows error. But when I see safari, I can see the translate button.

Thanks once again!