Any try the Walkie Talkie feature yet?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 212rikanmofo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

Was wondering if you can send walkie talkie messages to someone with an iPhone? I really hope the iPhone will get the walkie talkie feature as well. I'm curious to try it out with someone.

PM me your apple id if anyone would like to test it out.

2. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

That feature seems like it will get annoying real fast...

3. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

I tried it and still has some bugs when sending the audio but it will go through if you keep trying. Great feature, comes great responsiblilty. Hopefully, no one annoys you or sends a talkie at the wrong moment :rolleyes:

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

5. Simon89 macrumors member

You can make yourself 'unavailable', will be handy at work etc.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

So it’s just plex?

7. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

8. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Hahaha...I'm totally stealing this.

9. millerj123 macrumors 68000

Yeah, me too. This feature could be really useful

10. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I told my wife (who does not own an Apple Watch) that she should get one so we can use this feature. She is always trying to say something to me when I'm in the next room and can't hear her. She called me a watch nerd, and reasserted her lack of interest in the Apple Watch. :p

We kind of have this thing where I keep telling her the Apple Watch will solve her problems.... when she can't find her iPhone, when she misses a call or a notification, when she wants to control our smart lights or music but doesn't have her iPhone next to her, etc. Nothing will convince her.

I do think it could get to be an annoying feature... like those people who have loud conversations in public while using the speaker-mode on their mobile phones. It will be interesting to see how much it gets used. It's kind of in between dictating a text message and just making a phone call on the watch.

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

My wife is not 100% on board with the idea yet but I think we should have "handles". I would like to call her by her CB, I mean walkie talkie, name while she is at work in a meeting. I have a few good ideas. (evil laugh and chin rub inserted here)