General Any tweak to disable updating a specific app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yegon, Feb 25, 2013.

1. yegon macrumors 68020

Had to roll back AVPlayerHD on all my devices tonight, latest update is garbage - various mp4's & mkv's that previously played flawlessly on my 5, iPad 3 and Mini were jerky, hitch regularly and in some cases force an exit and reload. Pathetic.

Anyway, I don't want to update it by accident, any way to stop this from happening? I know there was an old app called Update Hider but it's not ios6 compatible I don't think.

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

AppUpdateNotifier can ignore specific app updates. I've never used it though. It says its iOS6 compatible.

3. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks.

4. gonca macrumors regular

I have the same issue. What I did was to keep a version of the app version saved in the laptop.. Just in case..

5. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Yep, same here. Ever since the whole ac3 debacle, I've kept multiple backups here and there.

Rolled back on all my idevices last night, didn't take long tbh, just left it going and et voila. Love AVplayer, alongside Downcast my most used app, so it was great dismay when the 1.60 update went screwy.

6. ckong, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

ckong macrumors regular

Any tweak to disable updating a specific app?

I think Cydia does this natively.

1. Select package
    2. Select Change Package Settings
    3. Ignore Updates = On

I just set Cydia to ignore Mobile Substrate updates (I downgraded it to test a crash fix last night). The Changes section shows it as ignored now. Also, the update badge disappeared from the Cydia icon.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Im pretty sure the OP is talking about App Store apps. If I'm wrong then ya he/she can just make the changes in Cydia.

8. ckong macrumors regular

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why would you want to ignore mobile substrate updates?

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I think he posted in the wrong thread because I have no clue where he got mobile substrate from haha. But yea, I don't know why anyone would want to disable mobile substrate updates. When I see those updates in Cydia I install them immediately lol.

Edit: he is ignoring MS because apparently the newest version has an issue with killing backgrounded apps prematurely. It might also be related to certain winterboard theme addons. He was trying to show the OP how to ignore Cydia updates and he usehis recent ignoring of MS as an example. Although that's a dangerous example because if someone misunderstood him and started ignoring MS updates, that device could become extremely unstable!