any twitter apps like ubertwitter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickrinaldi, Jul 31, 2009.

1. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

my friends who have bb's use ubertwitter and it shows their locations on a map when they post pics. any twitter app on the iphone have that feature? I would like to try it out.

2. Mezzie7979 macrumors newbie

i'd recommend Tweetie. You can choose twitpic or yfrog and choose 'show location' in settings.

3. nickrinaldi thread starter macrumors regular

ok i have tweetie, i tried taking a pic and yes i can update location or add map location but it just opens a seperate map link, its not like uber twitter where it shows a pic and a map of where you are at the same time.

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Just keep on looking I guess.

Since Apple released the API for MKMapView in the 3.0 SDK apps now have the ability to include a Google Maps view within an app.

Other than that, I suggest talking to the developers and see what they can offer.

5. TheMBC macrumors 6502

I don't think there's any app like that, but I would recommend Birdfeed... I haven't opened Tweetie in about a week since I've gotten it. http://itunes.com/app/birdfeed

6. bracesj macrumors newbie

i personally like the UI of Twittelator Pro. You can use landscape typing when sending tweets. You can use link shorteners like bit.ly in a quick, easy fashion. Twitpic and other picture sites are built in and its really easy to upload pics and videos directly from the phone.