Any unlocked iPhone users in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdao, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Sdao macrumors 6502

Now that the software unlock is available, Im assuming there are some Canadians out there who are using the iPhone (and probably loving it)

So, how was the unlocking process? Are there any Canadian iPhone users out there on the Rogers network?

Im buying my 8 gig iPhone on friday. Im hoping to unlock it ASAP. Any tips for a noob? Was the unlocking easy? Was it frustrating? Post your experiences here...

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well i know there Canadians that unlocked it. Im the only one that cant unlock it since i have no wifi damn it lol and ssh requires it unless anybody else has a work around which would be much of a help:)

3. psingh01 macrumors 65816

can't you go to a starbucks or something? :D

4. jasonsmith macrumors member

I did a Hardware unlock, works great on Rogers. Really smart phone features.

5. ventro macrumors 6502a

I am on Fido right now, on a simple voice plan with no data plan. What will happen if I try to access the web or stocks or whatever on an iPhone when there is no wifi? Will I run up huge charges on my next phone bill?

6. adamyoshida macrumors regular

Yes, except for the fact that I think you need EDGE-specific settings inputted for it to work.

I'm up on Rogers, right now on a pre-paid SIM card. I'll be transferring my full number from Telus in the next few days.

7. meanmusic macrumors member

I'm using a SW unlocked iPhone on Fido. I'm one of the lucky few with the now extinct unlimited data plan. Works like a charm.

8. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

There should be plenty of Canadian iphone users and even more probably soon.
    I'd suggest leaving the edge settings blank and not pluggin in your providers edge network so you dont rack up huge bills. The iphone draws data like crazy, stay with the wifi for now unless you find a good unlimited data plan.

9. gallinger macrumors regular

Just unlocked mine and im using Rogers. The effing data plans sucks ass!!!

10. ventro macrumors 6502a

So it's possible to tell the iPhone that there is no EDGE to access even when there is? I was worried it would detect and start using it automatically, leaving me screwed.

11. Sdao thread starter macrumors 6502

How did you unlock it? Do you have a walkthrough? I really want to unlock mine when I get it on friday.