Any USA members that use a bill paying service?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lpeedin, Jul 30, 2012.

1. lpeedin macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Just wondering if anyone here uses any of the bill paying services such as Quicken or PayTrust?

We pay some of our bills via a check & USPS and some on line. I'd like to consolidate this effort, but not sure I want to trust such a company to have access to my checking account.
  2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Oct 9, 2006
    I tend to have the companies that I owe bills to have the thing bank drafted if I can not have them just charge my CC.

Hell I even got my CC set up to bank draft the entire balance on the due date. Doing this has reduced the number of bills I have to remember to write a check for down to 1 (the rent) and the only reason I have not gotten the rent set up to be automatic is I have to add in my water bill to it and that can not be done automatically. Other wise I would have that one auto bank drafted/have my bank just mail a check for me automatically.
  3. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Does your bank not offer online bill pay?

My credit union does. I only use it to pay my electric bill because my electric company's website is awful. I go directly to AT&T, Chase, AmEx, etc, to pay those bills.
  4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007
    I use my bank's online bill pay. I have never had a problem with it.
  5. lpeedin thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2011
    My bank does not offer a bill payment program (that I am aware of). I do use their on line service to transfer money between accounts with them. Maybe I should check a little closer.

I thought about drafts and do have them set up for life insurance premiums and health club dues, just not sure I want a lot more happening without my "express consent". ;)

Well duh, I feel somewhat like a dunce for not checking a little more with my own bank. They are a small "home town" kind of bank so I just assumed that wouldn't offer such a service, but I was wrong. :p