Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itcrashed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Bay Area, CA
When I bought my nMP at the time I could only afford a D500 configuration. Quite honestly, D500s have been more than adequate in my use case (run several VMs, photoshop, lightroom, etc.) I am interested to know if anyone knows of any vendor who can source the D700 cards. I know there have been places to get the 1TB SSDs which I have been able to snatch up! But now that some time has passed by, I'd like to max out my hardware configuration.

Anyone know of any vendors that have D700 cards?

ssgbryan

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Apple.

The efi rom is on the motherboard from what I understand, which means you won't be seeing any upgrades anytime soon.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Anyone know of any vendors that have D700 cards?

The D700s are just parts and should be available from any authorized parts/repair shop, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. It's almost as if they are a controlled substance or something.

There was one guy here on MR who found a pair of D700s on Ebay. Obviously they were not new, warrantied parts from an authorized reseller though, if you care about that sort of thing.

Reactions: itcrashed

agazoo

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
I bought mine on eBay. They were new, with all tools and parts (with the exception to secure hex), thermal compound, applicator e.t.c. Appears to be repair kit of some kind.
It seems the guy who sells them is an apple authorised parts/repair shop, and this is how he gets them.

On the other hand, the other local vendor told me that they have to send non-working D700 to apple in order to get a working replacement kit.

In any event, mine works great and is nicer then the D500.

Last edited:
Reactions: itcrashed

itcrashed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Bay Area, CA
There was one guy here on MR who found a pair of D700s on Ebay. Obviously they were not new, warrantied parts from an authorized reseller though, if you care about that sort of thing.

I bought mine on eBay. They were new, with all tools and parts (with the exception to secure hex), thermal compound, applicator e.t.c. Appears to be repair kit of some kind.
It seems the guy who sells them is an apple authorised parts/repair shop, and this is how he gets them.

Thanks guys - I'll be combing through Ebay to see if any are available. I happen to get my 1TB Apple SSD from a vendor on Ebay - might be the same source as he was an authorized repair vendor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.