Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
My mom is gonna be getting the iPhone 4 on her Verizon account for her bday, from me.

I'm simply wondering if there is any way, any way at all, to reduce the $199 pricing point. Hell, i'd be happy with a $15 discount if possible, though always assumed the new every two offer could be applied, or some sort of $50 discount.

Anyone?

..Annyong?

:p

KINetics

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
My mom is gonna be getting the iPhone 4 on her Verizon account for her bday, from me.

I'm simply wondering if there is any way, any way at all, to reduce the $199 pricing point. Hell, i'd be happy with a $15 discount if possible, though always assumed the new every two offer could be applied, or some sort of $50 discount.

Anyone?

..Annyong?

:p

If she is the main account holder and hasn't used her upgrade within the last 20 months, she's eligible for a $50-100 NE2 credit. The amount will depend on when she last used it. Verizon reduced the amount from $100 to $50 a while back. But if she didn't use her credit prior to the change, she still would have $100 NE2 credit.

Verizon is getting rid of NE2 after Jan 16. So after this upgrade that she'll use for your iphone, she will no longer get a $50 credit in the future. Nor will any other Verizon customers.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Verizon is getting rid of NE2 after Jan 16. So after this upgrade that she'll use for your iphone, she will no longer get a $50 credit in the future. Nor will any other Verizon customers.

Are you sure about the details? For example:

"A Verizon spokeswoman confirmed in an email sent late Thursday to InformationWeek that the carrier was dropping its "New Every Two" promo for people who sign up for the service starting Jan. 16..."

I could be wrong, but it sure sounds like NE2 is being dropped for _new_ customers, not ones who already have it.

sydia21

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Washington, DC
Are you sure about the details? For example:

"A Verizon spokeswoman confirmed in an email sent late Thursday to InformationWeek that the carrier was dropping its "New Every Two" promo for people who sign up for the service starting Jan. 16..."

I could be wrong, but it sure sounds like NE2 is being dropped for _new_ customers, not ones who already have it.

From what I've read,

If you already have Verizon and a NE2 credit, you can use it towards the iPhone but after Jan 16, you will no longer be able to earn that credit-new customers and existing customers alike.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Other than NE2, it's unlkely. I get a 21% discount from our Verizon account at work (Premier), but that only applies to monthly service, not equipment nor data.

kdarling

macrumors P6
If you already have Verizon and a NE2 credit, you can use it towards the iPhone but after Jan 16, you will no longer be able to earn that credit-new customers and existing customers alike.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. High smartphone subsidies killed it.

Just one more change we can thank Apple for helping to bring to the phone world. (Along with mandatory data plans, higher ETFs, and no more unlimited data on ATT.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.