Any Verizon employees here? I would like to know how this would work.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MykullMyerz, Apr 4, 2011.

1. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

So, my step mother is an employee for Verizon, and as such, she gets a pretty nice discount on select cell and data plans. So, since I planned on getting the Verizon iPad anyway, I was wondering if I was eligible for discounts as well since I'm her step son, and we carry the same surname. I asked her, and she said as her step son, I'm eligible for discounted data plans on smartphones, but she isn't sure about the iPad and would check with someone at work. Would anyone here happen to know?

2. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Let me see if I have this right. Verizon's going to give you a discount because one of their lady employees married a dude who already has a kid?

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Dude hes her son. Doesnt matter if its by blood or technicality. If they were to challenge that it could be construed as discrimination.

4. adster macrumors regular

Almost EVERY retailer has some sort of a friends and family discount, it's a perk for working. And who are you to criticize, anyway? All he asked was if the Verizon employee service discount includes iPad service or not.

To the OP, I don't know the answer to your question, but I will apologize on behalf of thesiren.

5. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Why not just say the data plan is for her, and you pay her?

6. MykullMyerz thread starter macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Thank you adster, but no need to apologize. I've learned to accept that quite a few people on this forum are complete a-holes for no reason.

Oh wow, I'm so dumb. I don't know why I didn't think of that; that's an excellent idea. I think I'll ask her if that's possible.

Thanks guys!

7. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

See reason:

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I would think you qualify ... now go clean your room to help Mom say yes.

9. slookx24 macrumors member

thesiren, it's not like you suggested that idea, so good job thinking you're a smartass when you really did nothing.

10. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

I didn't have to suggest it. It was painfully obvious, hence the OP's reply :rolleyes: