Any verizon iPhone users upgrading to 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jredecop, Oct 4, 2011.

1. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Thats my plans and I just called apple and they said if I order through their website and pay the full 649 it will still renew my contract...bummer..anyone have any info on how to pay full retail and not renew contracts??

2. jredecop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seems to have been bad info. I called back and talked to another rep and she said nope, no renew with full price. So I'm not sure what the first rep was thinking.

3. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Nope it won't renew your contract! Haha that rep has NO IDEA what they are talking about :confused::eek::D:apple:

4. jredecop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah She said that at the end of the transaction I would have to agree to an $18 upgrade fee and start my 2 years all over before theyd ship the phone..made no sense.

5. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

You just have gotten a newbie the first time. Full price = no contract.

In the near future I expect more Americans to start buying their phones outright as the Europeans do. That way you don't have the bullring in your nose for 2 years and you can move your phone from carrier to carrier.

The 4s being a World Phone is a step in the right direction. LTE will seal the deal when most of the majors all deploy LTE networks.