Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

spring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Bergen County, NJ
What's a good video player that supports the iPhone 5's screen? i use VLC right now, but it's letterboxed and since that app has been pulled from the App Store a while ago, it'll never be updated. Any suggestions?

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
JASMINE is a youtube player that play full screen

Also you can check here, and search with keyword iphone5 and select the box Search Apps' "What's New" field only.

Comment

MrGimper

macrumors 604
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
JASMINE is a youtube player that play full screen

Also you can check here, and search with keyword iphone5 and select the box Search Apps' "What's New" field only.

Cheers for the heads-up on this ... been looking for a decent YouTube app since upgrading the ipad to ios 6. This looks stunning.

Comment

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
I use Rockplayer2. Used to use AVPlayer, but like someone said, it has been pulled. Anybody have any idea why?

Comment

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Jasmine is awesome! I'm using that one since the YouTube app hasn't been updated to the iPhone 5 screen.

Comment

spring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Bergen County, NJ
I already have Jasmine since I'm also an Alien Blue user, but I need a multi format video player, not a YouTube player. I guess I'll just wait it out a bit to see which apps are updated to support the iP5 screen.

Comment

acatch90

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I used BuzzPlayer in the past since it lets me stream+download videos from my samba share.

I've moved onto transcoding with Plex since my computer is powerful enough to transcode to 1080p now :)

Comment

jkauff

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
I really like HDPlayer Pro. Doesn't chop the top off DVD-res videos, plays MKV format in hardware-accelerated mode, and supports FLAC audio files. Better display quality than Goodplayer, and supports just about any video and audio format. There's a free version, but the Pro version is well worth the $2.99 price.

Comment

joey561

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Is Jasmine not available on the UK app store? I've tried searching for it (on the phone) and i cant get it to come up at all.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.