Any videos on updating Apple Watch software?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AdonisSMU, Apr 11, 2015.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

How would you update the software on the Apple Watch? If there are bugs how would they be fixed?

2. flaw600 macrumors 6502

We don't really know. Considering that there aren't any products to update yet, they haven't told us. But it'd make sense to do it in the Settings app of either the Watch's Settings or the Watch app on the iPhone

3. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

I think you would do that though iPhone Apple watch app

4. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Now that you mention it, it would have been nice if one of the reviewers had given a tour of the Watch App for iPhone and how you can configure the watch using the phone. Instead, every reviewer essentially had the same tired talking points...

5. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

I know you can install watch apps to the watch via the phone, and rearrange the home screen layout of the watch also via the phone, and there is another setting options phone apple watch app.- that is where you add you friends (favorites), adjust notifacations, and there could be more I know that is some of the stuff, you phone has to be updated to the latest iOS, the newest version the iPhone os comes with the apple watch companion app

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Simple, when an update is available you just click on the Software Update tab.:D

[​IMG]

7. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

WOW! The watch is really dependent on the phone. I would've rather seen iTunes handling the Watch updates than say the phone TBQH... the phone shouldve been a back up. Interesting. Thanks for that.

8. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

There is a Settings app on the watch so I'd imagine you cam go through that as well. Numerous reviews have stated that Apple have said there are numerous software updates coming to address performance and bugs.