Any Visual Studio Users (VMware/Bootcamp Related)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macDonalds, Dec 21, 2007.

1. macDonalds macrumors 6502

Just wondering for those who use VS if you are using it under VM or Bootcamp. And why you chose one over the other?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Boot Camp for me, because I don't have VMware, and don't use Parallels anymore.

I do wish I could get the darn VS 2008 Express Edition ISO file offered by Microsoft to download in a reasonable amount of time. It keeps telling me 5+ hours to download, then stops less than 1/64th of the way through.:(

3. macDonalds thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm getting Leopard for Christmas and I'm leaning towards using Bootcamp instead of VMware.

4. rjenovai macrumors member

I've used it under both Parallels and Bootcamp. Not much difference, except for slightly longer compile times under Parallels. The only reason I preferred VM to bootcamp was not having to reboot.

5. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I run it in VMWare as well. My thoughts at the time were if something were to get messed up with the machine, I could revert to a snapshot and be done with it. That and backups are a cinch.

6. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

use vs 2005 and vs 2008 express in xp under parallels on my macbook..

no probs at all

not all the time.. just sometimes.. i prefer not doing any work when at home :D