any way around movie runtime limit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DJHonda84, Jan 23, 2011.

1. DJHonda84 macrumors member

I found that my iPhone 4 automatically stops video recordings after about 49:50 (min:sec). I can almost immediately hit record, and it starts recording another movie. I'm using the camera app built into iOS 4.2.1

I'm trying to record lectures, and would rather just "set it and forget it". Hitting record every 50 minutes isn't that big of a deal, but frequent checking of the phone, making sure that it's still recording, can be a significant distraction.

The screen shows an hours position in the elapsed time displayed, so I'm hopeful that there's a way around this!

I'm sure I suck at searching. Couldn't find anything about this either on these boards or Google. Apple's iOS 4.2 user guide doesn't even mention the runtime limit.

2. Slack Mac macrumors newbie

iPhone video recording file size limit

Hi DJHonda84

I'm having the same issue, which is very frustrating :mad:. One of the deal clinchers for purchasing the new iPhone in the first place was that it could replace my bulky Sony HD video camera for gig recordings for my band. Unfortunately most of our sets are ofter longer than 49 minutes.

I couldn't find any info about this on the web either. Are we the only 2 people wanting to get the most out of the video functionality on the iPhone 4?

Surely there's a solution or a fix on the way? Please :apple:?