jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
I have a G5ppc 10.5.8 with an Apple Cinema Display with the ADC connection.
I have a 2012 mac-mini w ATD.
Its very hard to operate them both with 2 keyboard and 2 mice.
Anyway I can use one mouse one keyboard to control em both?

jpcoelho

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Aveiro, Portugal
I have a G5ppc 10.5.8 with an Apple Cinema Display with the ADC connection.
I have a 2012 mac-mini w ATD.
Its very hard to operate them both with 2 keyboard and 2 mice.
Anyway I can use one mouse one keyboard to control em both?

Hi!

there are several kvm switches available in the market which will allow you to share USB keyboard and mouse...

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
Best way to uninstall unwanted apps?

Thanks for tips, since it looks like Synergy is the only one to support Tiger on the ppc I think i'll give it a try.
When you download new apps and they don't work out does dragging it to the trash uninstall everything it brought or is here a more thorough uninstall process?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
have you used it? On a PPC?

No. But there is a link on that downloads page to older versions. That one I downloaded and opened up just to see if there was the prohibitory sign on it or not. There wasn't, so I assume it can be run on PowerPC.

I hate suggesting apps only for the community to inform me it's Intel only. :D

It will work on PowerPC if you get the right version (like Erik).

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
No. But there is a link on that downloads page to older versions. That one I downloaded and opened up just to see if there was the prohibitory sign on it or not. There wasn't, so I assume it can be run on PowerPC.

I hate suggesting apps only for the community to inform me it's Intel only. :D

Thanks guys, I got synergy to work and it is working perfectly. I haven't tried everything but here is what I did:

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
Thanks guys, I got synergy to work and it is working perfectly. I haven't tried everything but here is what I did:

Here is what I did:

1. Installed SynergyKM v.1.3.1 on my G5 PPC (ADC apple cinema display)running OSX 10.5.8. SynergyKM because Synergy for 10.5 would not install to the PPC.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/synergykm/

2. Installed Synergy v. 1.4.10 on 2012 mac-mini(Apple TB display) OSX 10.8.2.
http://synergy-foss.org/

If you get the screen names right it is a 10 minute deal.

I ran into problems getting the screen names for each computer right as am kinda stupid. Make sure on the synergykm machine you click apply after you enter the host/server screen name. The apply button will not be available until you go back to the general tab.

Also in the preferences of Synergy(not SynergyKM) the "hide when server/client starts" box is checked on by default. I thought at first it was crashing but actually it was the opposite, when started correctly it made its window "hide".

By the way I just did a copy/paste from the other screen in this message, I am one happy camper right now!!!!

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
Amazing copy/paste synergy

I wanna say thanks one more time, it just amazes me that copy paste works between theses 2 machines, i can kinda understand the machines recognizing the mouse but can't wrap my head around how each processor/machine knows what the mouse is bringing over with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.