Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
im trying to figure out how to access the root of another jailbroken iphone, not on the same wifi network.:confused:

foob

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2009
I've never done it with two phones but you can probably do it with a reverse ssh tunnel. They have to connect to yours first and set up the tunnel as part of their ssh command.

Example, if they log in to yours with: ssh -R 12345:localhost:22 mobile@your_ip, then you can use ssh localhost -p 12345 to log into theirs.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
You would have to check the phones IP address, then open whatever you use to SSH. If this phone doesnt have alpine as the pass, youre screwed.

But if you meant a seperate wifi from what youre on now, no.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
Hey guys. Im trying to hack into peoples phones to steal their identity. I don't have any money to pay the chinese government to train me, so could you just give me some quick tips?

kthx

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I've never done it with two phones but you can probably do it with a reverse ssh tunnel. They have to connect to yours first and set up the tunnel as part of their ssh command.

Example, if they log in to yours with: ssh -R 12345:localhost:22 mobile@your_ip, then you can use ssh localhost -p 12345 to log into theirs.

Yes but IP addresses will vary thruout the day depending on celltower connected and ip generated at the particular moment for the particular device. Also the iphone would have to be on(Not on sleep mode) and connected to either wifi or carrier data network and even then you wouldnt know its current IP.
I dont think it can be done if not connected on the same wifi.
What you're trying/need to do anyway?

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
1)You would need to know the IP of the wifi router the other iphone was connected to.(which will probably change every time the router is turned on)
2) you would need access to that router's settings to set up a port forwarding service.
3)you would need to know the LAN address of the iphone on that wifi.(which could change every time you connect)
4)you would need to know the iphones root password.
5)you would need a lot more know how.

foob

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2009
Yes but IP addresses will vary thruout the day depending on celltower connected and ip generated at the particular moment for the particular device. Also the iphone would have to be on(Not on sleep mode) and connected to either wifi or carrier data network and even then you wouldnt know its current IP. I dont think it can be done if not connected on the same wifi. What you're trying/need to do anyway?
It can be done on different wifi networks. Since the first person is essentially setting it up when they log into yours, its assumed both phones will be on, your ip is known and you each have login credentials. It does just what the OP was asking about, it just requires consent. It wont work if he is wanting to hack into someones phone.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
i know the ip address of the other iphone

i want to acces it from my pc.........

you know the ip address of the iphone on a WiFi network..? You don't, you either know the router's ip or the iphones lan.
i get the impression you don't know nearly enough to even try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.