Any way to add a keyboard shortcut as a Finder toolbar button?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mcdj, Sep 25, 2018.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I have an old AppleScript or Automator created app that I found on the web ages ago which duplicates the current finder window. I dragged it to my Finder toolbar, so duping a window is just a click away. I use it daily.

Mojave has broken it because it asks my permission every single time I use it.

So I found that the shortcut "cmd opt o" does the exact same thing. But old habits die hard and I'd love to find a way to make that keyboard combo into a button I can add to the finder toolbar.

30 min of googling and nothing...

Any ideas? I am NOT a coder/scripter/etc. I can copy/paste into Apple Script and save it as an app. That's the extent of my scripting ability.

Thanks!

2. paulcristo macrumors newbie

paulcristo

Can you post the app to see if there's a simple adjustment that can be made?

3. chown33 macrumors 604

I'm just guessing, but it may be because the app is unsigned, and the default is to not run unsigned apps. I think there's a System Preferences pane that lets you add unsigned apps to the list that's allowed to run w/o confirmation.

Another possibility is that the app needs to be added to the list of apps that's allowed to control other apps. I think that's under the Security & Privacy pane in System Preferences. IIRC it's the Accessibility option in the list.

4. mcdj thread starter macrumors G3

mcdj

Thanks. Turns out all I had to do was open it in AS and resave.