Any way to add calendars?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JrFreak, Sep 23, 2010.

1. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

I would like to have a 'work' calendar and a normal one. The work calendar would have my shifts, meetings etc., while my 'normal' calendar would have bill due dates, birthdays, etc.

Is there any way to do this?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Tell us more about how you use calendar?

Do you use your iphone as your main Calendar?

Do you sync it with your "work" Exchange? or maybe with your Home Cal App (like iCal, Outlook, etc)

Do you sync it with an Online Cal, like Google Cal, mobile Me?

On my personal case I got 3 Calendars on my phone, "work" (synced with my work Exchange, "personal" Synced with my MobileME, and "Public" which is synced with my Google Cal and it is share with my friends.

They all sync over the air so I don't really have to do anything but set it up on iTunes.

3. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

I use it for reminders mostly. I want a work calendar and a personal calendar. I guess I could use Google calendar, but entering into it is a pain in the arse.

No work exchange server.

4. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I use Google calendar for 4 different calendars on my iPhone and iPad... once you set it up, you never have to log into Google's site to add, delete or modify any events. It can all be done on the iPhone and it syncs over the air. I would give it a shot if I were you!

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This is why I love iCal and MobileMe. It does exactly what you are describing very painlessly.

6. David-fr macrumors 6502

I have 2 xD

•work calendar vía Google Apps
    •personal with mobile me
    That includes contacts as well

Love them both! All set wirelessly

7. TechJunky macrumors regular

This. It also enables my wife and I to have a shared calendar as well. Syncs OTA an we never even go to the calendar online.

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Yup. Using Google Apps, my wife and I have read/write access to some of each other's calendars, read-only access to some, and personal calendars too - and it's all done wirelessly. Oh, and it also syncs with iCal on my Mac. It's FAR more versatile than MobileMe and it's free. :rolleyes: