iPhone XR Any way to avoid losing unlimited data by upgrading?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bow Commander, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Bow Commander macrumors member

Bow Commander

Hey all,

I went to the Apple website to process a Xr order, Verizon carrier, but it gets to a screen that says if you are on unlimited data, I'll be removed from that and put on a 2GB data a month plan. WTF? No way I'm giving up unlimited. Is there a way around that? Do I have to pay for the phone outright or something? I was trying to do Verizon monthly installments.

2. jumpman5678 macrumors member

Just buy the phone outright.

3. kid84 macrumors member

Why buy from Apple ?

Just upgraded mine with vzw from Bestbuy and they gave me $100 gift card with upgrade .

4. Bow Commander thread starter macrumors member

Bow Commander

Think that's what I'll do is head to Bestbuy or Verizon and see if they can work around that.

5. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

Call Verizon and see what their deal is.

6. kid84 macrumors member

Go to bestbuy , and get free $100 gift card !!

Or go to Costco , free stuff like car charger and battery , plus 90 days refund / return !!

Apple and Verizon store wont give you anything !

7. Bow Commander thread starter macrumors member

Bow Commander

I'll check out Best Buy. Looks like they are doing phone trade ins which I was hoping to do through Apple for my 7. I'll try them out for sure. Also had good luck with Costco in the past. Thanks for the reminder.

8. Bow Commander thread starter macrumors member

Bow Commander

Update- called Verizon on my lunch break and talked to a helpful rep who confirmed our plan would not change with a new phone. He said he doesn't know why the Apple website says that. He even waived the $30 activation fee for me. So, red 64gb Xr is on the way! Really hoping he was knowledgeable/truthful about the data plan.