Any way to change shipping address?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by montecarloss919, Oct 7, 2011.

1. montecarloss919 macrumors member

So I went to pre-order the phone off of the Apple website, and I realized I cant change the shipping address. I live in boston but i'm on a family plan in a different state. Has anyone found a way to change the shipping address? Thanks!

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The credit card company will not let them. On high value items they demand the seller send to the credit card billing address.

3. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Actually AT&T requires that they ship to the billing address on their account. I have a friend who doesn't have a credit card. I charge my card for his phone and they have shipped the 3GS, iPhone 4 and now iPhone 4s to his billing address on his AT&T account. This will be the third time we have done this without any issues. His phone was never shipped to me as the credit card holder.

4. montecarloss919 thread starter macrumors member

yeah thats the thing...i want it shipped to my credit card address!

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Same here! I'm on a Family Plan based in Florida but I live in New York now. This sucks.

6. montecarloss919 thread starter macrumors member

I think i'm going to call apple and see what they say...will let you know when I have a respose

7. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

I did this by changing my official address in the AT&T system to the address I wanted my new iPhone shipped to. Once updated, I immediately went into the apple.com website and ordered my new phone. The change of address was already reflected there and I am able to have my phone shipped to the new address with no problems. Now just have to go back into the AT&T system and change the address back if necessary (I get my bills via email, so really don't care what address is in their system).

8. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Hey guys if you call AT&T at 611 from your AT&T phone or 1-888-333-6651 from any other phone, they'll mail the phone anywhere you want. I just did this after being unable to get through to anyone at Apple. I got a really nice guy after only about 4 minutes on hold who was able to process my order and promise me October 14th delivery.

9. heifetz7 macrumors member

I think everyone is calling, I've been on hold forever...

10. montecarloss919 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i want to pre-order but i'm afraid they'll ship it to the billing address and not the location i need

11. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Update: Call ATT or visit one of their stores and they will correct your shipping address.

12. montecarloss919 thread starter macrumors member

Tried...they said no "Due to fraud reasons"....BS AT&T

13. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I just changed my AT&T billing address on att.com lol
    worked fine and now they're shipping to my workplace.

once I get it, I will change back to home.