Any way to change this default hotkey for DVD app?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jakobkraft, Feb 20, 2014.

1. jakobkraft, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

jakobkraft macrumors newbie

My niece is enjoying a Daria marathon from my ripped DVDs which she watches on my TV off my macbook which is in another room. She has a remote keyboard app on her android phone which gives her keyboard and mouse support, and allows her to use FN hotkeys.

What would be the most useful for her, however, is a hotkey for 'Open Recent' menu line in the DVD File menu.
    I already know how to create hotkeys based on menu line items, but the 'Open Recent' line item has an arrow which automatically points to a list of recent movies. So the standard procedure for creating a hotkey doesn't work. That stupid arrow ruins everything.

See attached screenshot, which has the default hotkey circled -- THIS is what I want to change.

Is there a way of changing this hotkey? Any help would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Just go to System Preferences->Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts mini-tab and find the shortcut, highlight it and change it.

3. jakobkraft, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

jakobkraft thread starter macrumors newbie

As I said, the standard procedure for creating a hotkey doesn't work. That arrow that lists the most recent files makes the hotkey not work--something else needs to be added.

See attached - I entered it like I entered two other hotkeys. But the other hotkeys work. The 'Open Recent' hotkey, however, does not work.

See second screenshot showing the arrow -- THIS is what needs to be represented somehow in the shortcut field, but I don't know how. When I press the assigned F4 key, the 'File' menu blinks for a second and then that's it. Try it yourself and you'll see.

Attached Files: