Any way to completely undo jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by JoshJosh117, Feb 3, 2009.

1. JoshJosh117 macrumors 6502

I'm considering jailbreaking to see what cool features it has, but I will eventually want to go back to normal and have my Touch as it is right now. Is this possible, or will it be permanently changed in some way? Will it void the warranty or delete my regular apps? Will it change anything at all permanently?

2. Boots- macrumors regular

if you restore your ipod after jailbreaking it goes back to the normal way it was and there is no evidence that you jailbroke it so you didnt void your warnty

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Jailbreaks are entirely software. Once you restore to a non-Jailbreak state, all evidence is wiped clean. (Well, I lie. There will be some remnants of the jailbreak left, but they won't be visible except on the hardware level. When you reload the firmware, you don't completely format the iPod.)

4. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

The 8GB 3G I got for Christmas was jailbroken.

I couldn't use my PAYG AT&T SIM card in it. The firmware was 2.1. I upgraded to 2.2 at the time and the PAYG Sim card worked. Is my 8G still jailbroken?!

5. Chrscool8 macrumors newbie

Well, if you see Installer or Cydia then yes. When updating, it unjailbreaks it and you'll need to redo it.

6. Tsurugi macrumors newbie

So if u jailbreak your iphone that means you still can update it, and when u do it will remove jailbreak plz reply fast i need to know!!!!! Thanks :eek: