Any way to control two MBP's with a single Contour Shuttle Pro

danno66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Hello,
I have a prompter system that I am trying to control both the primary and secondary MBP's with a single Contour Shuttle Pro. The key assignments amount to hitting a number key to start 4-7 and space bar to stop.
I looked at KVM splitters but it seems like they switch signals between the two computers rather than run simultaneously.
Someone mentioned that I could network them via Cat5 5 but I don't see how that would work.
Any ideas??

Thanks

Robyr

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
Hello,
I have a prompter system that I am trying to control both the primary and secondary MBP's with a single Contour Shuttle Pro. The key assignments amount to hitting a number key to start 4-7 and space bar to stop.
I looked at KVM splitters but it seems like they switch signals between the two computers rather than run simultaneously.
Someone mentioned that I could network them via Cat5 5 but I don't see how that would work.
Any ideas??

Thanks
What are you trying to accomplish? There is likely a better way than attempting to duplicate input.

danno66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
USB split

Thanks for replying. The best way to visualize
Prompter A
Prompter B
A/B switch
Single USB controller.

I am trying to scroll both machines with single USB controller so if something happens to Prompter A I can switch to prompter B and it will be at (or close ) to the same spot.

I use a contour shuttle, but the key assignment is just space bar for start/stop and numbers for speed.