Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doc shivers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
I don't know if anyone here works at, or knows anything about UPS, but is there any way that I can convince the delivery guy to alter his friday route so that he get to my place sooner in the day? I got **** to do tomorrow, and I don't want to be sitting on my ass waiting for my phone to get here.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Flash a little nipple when he comes by today. Maybe he'll be interested.

Seriously, the world doesn't revolve around iPhone recipients.

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
They won't because they have a set way to do it and it'll most likely cause problems. They would have to pay for the extra gas just to get to your house too. No advantage for them from giving you your phone early

Brymo

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
I called, and yelled to speak to my driver.

When he picked up i asked him why i didn't have my iphone 5 yet.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I don't know if anyone here works at, or knows anything about UPS, but is there any way that I can convince the delivery guy to alter his friday route so that he get to my place sooner in the day? I got **** to do tomorrow, and I don't want to be sitting on my ass waiting for my phone to get here.

depending how many packages there are that day and tomorrow i am sure there may be more than normal, the route will get changed.

you can always meet them along their route

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007

What you should have done earlier this week is to find out his route! Then ask nicely if you bring your id if you could meet him at one of his early morning regular pick up/drop off spots and take delivery of your phone!! It would save him a few steps and cause no trouble at all!!

skidbubble

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
What makes your delivery any more important than the hundreds of other packages on the UPS truck? Are you saying a few hundred other people should kick rocks and wait because you want your phone sooner? Seriously, there are people with legitimate, time sensitive packages on that truck (medical supplies, medicine, etc) but to hell with them, you want your iPhone.

If I was a UPS driver, I would purposely skip your house and make you wait until Monday.

EricSjos

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2012
Sounds like a great idea. Let's make the UPS driver drastically alter his route so he ends up taking twice as long to deliver all the packages he has for the day.

Sure, he'll probably pass about 100 other stops on the way to your house, but they can wait. It's not like he wants to deliver in the most fast and efficient way possible.

Brymo

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
It's a problem when I recognize your username OP.

1LUQW.png

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
This thread makes iPhone fans look crazy. :eek:

I get it, you guys are excited, but just remember...sometimes the excitement before you get something is the best part. I remember waiting for my 4S, I was so excited..once it arrived I admired it, activated it, played around with it, and after that, I had it and it was my phone. At least for me, it's so exciting BEFORE you get it, thinking about it, etc. And I'm not saying the iPhone 5 will get old fast or anything.

You'll get your phone, don't worry.

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW

Oh boy, another one of your useless threads that belongs in wasteland.

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.