Any way to copy/share data between Virtual Machines?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Macloven, May 26, 2010.

1. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

I've got Win7 pro and XP Pro as virtual machines. No bootcamp. I'd love to copy certain chunks of large data straight across when both virtual machines are running but don't see a way to do it without using a USB drive, etc.

Any way to do this?

Mark

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You should be able to mount the other OSes virtual hard drive in your VM as a second virtual hard drive. Check the VM settings pages. I'm not at any of my Macs so I can't check myself.

B

3. Macloven thread starter macrumors regular

Macloven

I thought I went through all possible ways to do this, looking at drive settings, folder sharing, etc. Didn't see any additional drives to mount in network area. If you get a chance, would love to know if this could be done as I have lots of common data that would be nice to share between the two OS's.

Thanx,

mg

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I should be back by my Macs this weekend.

B