Any way to darken iCal's pastel colors?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vercingetorix, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Vercingetorix macrumors regular

I like iCal fine; it does about as much as I need a calendar to but no more. But I am very colorblind, and it's very difficult for me to differentiate between calendars' different colors once they're "pasteled out" while not selected. I can change each calendar's color to some beautifully dark, easily discernible color, but the only time this color actually displays is, of course, once I've already clicked on an event. Otherwise it's washed out and I might as well have chosen grey.

Any way to change this behavior? I've Googled fruitlessly for a solution. This would work fine if only it would just display the colors I've chosen, whether events are selected or not.

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Can you elaborate on this "pasteled out" phrase? Screen shots would help.

3. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

I think the OP means if there is a way to keep all of the calendars at their fully-saturated color. By default, only the current calendar is fully saturated, and the others become washed out.

To be honest, I don't have an answer for you. That was one of the reasons I switched to month view, but that doesn't help if you want to see your appointments as blocks of time on your schedule.

4. Vercingetorix thread starter macrumors regular

You're exactly right; that's the phrase I should have used. When the colors aren't fully saturated, I can't tell the difference between them. If there were only an option to keep all the colors fully saturated at all times, I'd be fine.