any way to delete factory apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dark-saito, Aug 9, 2008.

1. dark-saito macrumors regular

okay, so I jailbroke my iPod and I have to wonder how I survived before doing so. Its simply that amazing. Everything is perfect except for the factory apps that I never seem to use such as stocks contacts and weather <_<. Is there any way to delete these? Thanks in advance

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's possible to hide the icons, but not delete the app itself. However, my iPod hasn't been hacked so I wouldn't know exactly how to do it.

3. cokids macrumors member

How to uninstall aps

Can't you just uncheck them in iTunes and 'apply?'

Wouldn't that take them away, but still leave them on your desktop, so that you can reinstall if you wished to?

Beth

4. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

to cokids:

I believe that only works for the apps that you download not the ones that come with the ipod.

5. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Nope, that doesn't work.

Just download poof from cydia (or bossprefs which includes poof as well as a few other neat tools)

and open it up and you can hide any apps you want, it makes it like they aren't there =)

6. Arne macrumors regular

What happens if you access the shell using a terminal application or SSH an use 'rm -rf' on the app or if you move it somewhere else? I can't try it, my iPod is not hacked...