Any way to disable conversation view in Mail 5? (not "classic" view)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by getyup, Jul 9, 2011.

1. getyup macrumors 6502

So I switched to classic view, but I hate having to expand messages when the same sender sends me more than one. Any way to turn OFF the conversation grouping and go back to the old way? If 10 emails from the same person come with the same subject, I want to see them all without having to arrow down and expand to the conversation.

Thanks!

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

View>Organize by Conversation (uncheck this option)

3. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

YOU ROCK!

I went through every little screen in preferences trying to find it, I was about ready to go back to 10.6 I was so frustrated. Blond moment I guess.

Thanks for the assist! :)

4. Jamooche macrumors regular

YOU ROCK x2!

I couldn't figure it out either. Thanks!

5. whatsupnow6 macrumors newbie

6. BKF macrumors regular

Thank you. I kept trying to get used to Conversations, but it just didn't take.

7. Akarin macrumors 6502

Akarin

Thank you!

Same for me, I went in preferences and got mad not finding where to disable threading :D

8. soonadog macrumors member

Yes, thank you!!! Same here.
    Luckily I just searched the forums and easily found this thread so i didn't even need to start a new one.
    Love MacRumors!

9. Beetleblue macrumors newbie

10. blow45 macrumors 68000

how exactly does conversation mode work if I can't see my side of the conversation? But I have to click to see what I wrote instead in "see more from"? I am missing out something?:confused:

11. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Go to the "View" menu and select "Show Related Messages".

S-

12. blow45 macrumors 68000

cheers mate.:)

(let me though just comment on the idiocy of this option, and the way they named it, what is "related" messages, If I am in the conversation mode I want to see a conversation not a list of the emails I have received by someone...that's why one opts for a conversation mode to begin with...and in what terms are they merely "related" they are responses in the conversation...boy, the more I think about choices made in lion the more I realize that if Steve had been up to his wits to follow along what the heck the os team had been doing he would have fired 80% of them by now.. save as becomes "duplicate", conversation modes by default appear without a conversation partner and your replies... tststststst)