iPhone Any way to disable the home screen rotation on 6+ ?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I have Springtomize so when the home screen rotates it looks all jumbled on top of each other (since Springtomize doesn't let you customize columns\rows portrait vs landscape), so I want to disable the home screen from rotating.

Is there a tweak that'll do this? I know you can lock rotation from all aspects of the phone, but I don't want that, just the home screen to not rotate.

Thanks!

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
There's also a tweak called PortraitLock that lets you enable/disable rotation on a per-app basis. Works really well! I have it set up to disable landscape mode in everything but photo and video apps.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
There's also a tweak called PortraitLock that lets you enable/disable rotation on a per-app basis. Works really well! I have it set up to disable landscape mode in everything but photo and video apps.
Nah just need the home screen only.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Yes you can. The tweak is called Notate.
Sorry if I am thread jacking but I'm looking for something similiar to notate but just for the inverted portrait homescreen rotation (I still want to use it in landscape). A lot of the time when I grab my phone out of my pocket while walking (I keep it in my pocket upside-down) and quickly unlock it the homescreen is upside-down and I have to tilt the phone a little bit and wait for it to rotate back.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Sorry if I am thread jacking but I'm looking for something similiar to notate but just for the inverted portrait homescreen rotation (I still want to use it in landscape). A lot of the time when I grab my phone out of my pocket while walking (I keep it in my pocket upside-down) and quickly unlock it the homescreen is upside-down and I have to tilt the phone a little bit and wait for it to rotate back.
SBRotator for iOS 8?

mikecwest

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2013
disable home screen rotation on jailbroken AND non-jailbroken devices

Go to SETTINGS>DISPLAY & BRIGHTNESS>VIEW> ZOOMED