Any way to do this?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iKrackie, May 16, 2012.

1. iKrackie macrumors member

So I want to remove my dependency on SBSettings, as it uses an extra Daemon, but I need it for two things. The first thing is that it gives me the ability to have the date & time in my status bar. The second thing is the processes button. When I clear that I go from around 310 MB to around 330 MB. So is there any way to do these with other tweaks?
    [​IMG]

BTW: I'm using Winterboard, so I don't know why you guys think it slows iDevices down.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

You can use StatusTweak to replace your carrier with the date.
    OmniStat for NC might do what you want with the processes. Not sure but when I hit the RAM pie chart I gain a lot of free RAM.

Oh and nice Flite icons :p

3. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

StatusTweak (paid app) allows you to replace the carrier name on your status bar with the date (also allows you to re-arrange and move status bar icons)

WeeKillBackground for Notification Center (free) allows you to terminate running apps in application switcher.

Also if you like the toggles of SBSettings but hate the extra RAM and battery drainage, replace it with NCSettings (free).

4. iKrackie thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but I like my Time and Date up there, I think it looks cool. I'll have to try out OmniStat.

----------

I have IntelliScreenX, so I think I might be good on the NCSettings. Also I've tried WeeKillBackground before.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

The nice thing about StatusTweak (which HickDead told me about) is that it lets you replace the Carrier with the Date. So you can have both your time and date.

6. iKrackie thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but after changing a setting, and then backing out to change something else it crashes. Which is why I'm unable to use it even though I've purchased it...

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

As far as I'm aware, it's a common issue and I haven't gotten a reply from the developer. It works but crashes when you try to leave it's settings. It's a small price to pay in order to be able to customize your status bar in my opinion.

8. iKrackie thread starter macrumors member

How do you get the options to stick then?

Edit: I wish cleanstatus had similar functions...

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I don't know they stick for me.

10. iKrackie thread starter macrumors member

Okay, thanks!

11. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Any luck getting it to stick?

12. iKrackie thread starter macrumors member

Nope D:

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

What I noticed is that changing the order doesn't cause the phone to get stuck or respring but when I change the other stuff in Miscellaneous Tweaks my phone gets stuck and I have to hard reboot by pressing and holding both the home and sleep buttons but when I restart it, what I wanted to change has changed.

14. iKrackie thread starter macrumors member

I'll give it a try real quick.

15. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Good luck. Fingers crossed.

16. iKrackie thread starter macrumors member

It works, but the whole thing is rather glitchy at times. It's something I can live without though, so it's all good.