Any way to downgrade an app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slapple, Apr 4, 2009.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

I just saw an update for the Baseball Superstars 2009 app, so I upgraded it.

They changed the graphics in this latest version, and everything looks so much smaller. Is there any way I can go back to the old version?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Open trash. Find earlier ipa file. Drag it out of trash. Drag into iTunes. Sync.

3. slapple thread starter macrumors 6502

I did the update from the iphone, not from itunes.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Hmmmm. Then see if the earlier version of the app is still in itunes. If it is, delete the app from your iphone and sync with itunes. If the version in itunes is the latest version, then follow my earlier post.

5. slapple thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, just checked the App Store from iTunes, and it is showing the latest version.

So I checked my Recycle Bin, and there are a few .ipa files in there, but not for the Baseball Superstars 2009 app.

Checked the My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications folder and see a bunch of .ipa files, but not for Baseball Superstars 2009. So I guess that means I never did a sync since I bought it. Darn.

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

If you synced the old version it would be in your Mobile Applications folder, so at least you know for next time that you should sync your iPhone every time you purchase an app (before you update it) just in case you want to revert to the older version for whatever reason.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Time Machine. All of your earlier versions are automatically backed up. Works like a charm! :)

8. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Clearly that doesn't help the OP in this situation as he never synced the app w/ iTunes before updating.. Did you even read the thread? It was only 6 posts long.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Also, the OP is running Windows and therefore doesn't have Time Machine.

10. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

The OP said he found some .ipa's in the Recycle Bin and that he 'guesses he hadn't synced' because he didn't see that one among them. Just going out on a limb here, but it sounded like there was a fair amount of uncertainty there. But thanks for for going out of your way to make a meaningful contribution to the thread. I don't know what we'd do if there weren't self-appointed forum police like youself to talk down to the rest of us peons who stupidly try to help. :rolleyes:

11. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Maybe if you delete the app that you just updated, sync it back to your computer and transfer over the old app stored there? Thats if you haven't sync'd in between

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Okay, even if he did sync before, how would he get it back? Time Machine exists on OS-X/Mac. He has a PC seeing as how he checked his Recycle Bin and his My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications

13. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Already pointed out. Or did you not bother reading the thread? It's still rather short, you know. ;)

14. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I did read the thread. lol, That's how I got the part about him talking about Time Machine and the 'argument' about syncing.

Still, I seem to have skipped that one post. Sorry