Any way to fix Yellow Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kardashian, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

OK, love, love, love my iPhone 3G.

Despite the fact I'm on my second one, in a matter of 10 hours.

The first one, was totally, and I mean totally, covered in glue, all on the chrome surround.

First thing I noticed though was the clarity and colour of the screen. Amazing.

So, took it back to CPW (the Staff HATE me after I threw a hissy fit there last year). They reluctantly exchanged it.

Now, this one is yellow screened. And, I don't mean yellow tinted. I mean, it's yellow.

When it's on the charging screen, the battery is green, everything which is gradient grey>black is gradient yellow>black.

It all looks 'golden'. I'm not sure if this is what the pictures posted in the Yellow-Screen thread look like in real life, but this is SHOCKING.

Anyway, a few people have said to drain the battery totally, and re-charge it and it fixes the issue. How? I don't know. But I'll try over night.

Any other idea's? I really CBA to return it, but I won't live with it like this.

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Does it have the latest firmware on it? Try cycling the battery a few times. If either of those dont fix it, return it.

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Came with 2.0. Updated it to 2.0.1. And then back again.

Nothing changed.

By cycling, does that mean draining and recharging? Sorry if I'm being totally stupid, but I've seen people confirming this as working, they were all newbie's though. Is it just some sick joke, or does it (for some reason) actually work? :confused:

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

try reseting it, reboot, restore with ltest firmware and maybe cycle the battery. if none works, go back to the apple store, and this time, ask very nicely.;)

5. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I've reset. I've rebooted.

So far, I've:

• Reset all the settings via the Settings menu
    • Rebooted
    • Restored
    • Updated

No change. This is MAJOR yellow. On the Contacts list, the background is actually beige/light yellow - almost as dark as my Notes screen on my 2G.

I've got such a good mind to go back to Carphone Warehouse tomorrow and just show them the 2G side by side with the 3G and say "Look. That's not normal. I'd like a new one, and to test it here"

BTW: Its CPW, not an Apple Store. The staff are slightly different :(

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

sorry about the store/warehouse mixups. but do try not to throw tempers of any kind in any store. i;d say take it in and show them... you've done everytihng i would have done and know.

7. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Return it, its obviously defective. Just be nice and firm when you go in to return it.

8. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I guess. Its just SO embarrassing.

One good thing, its in my Dads name. So I'm just going in and saying "I'm in on behalf of.." and then they don't get so arsey with me, since its not me complaining, its me on 'behalf' of someone else ;)

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Maybe they'll let me pay the £59 extra and get 16GB... since there's all this hassle with the 8GB, maybe I can swing it.

9. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

CPW refused flat out to exchange it. They had a display model, which was worse than mine, and said therefore I should be happy mine isn't that bad.

Now, I have to pay £40 for a train ticket, and go 3 hours to an Apple Store to see a genius.

GREAT! I don't know who I'm more mad at, CPW for being mindless drones, or Apple for their shoddy craftmanship.