Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I have an iPad 4, and there are times when I want to rehearse presentations on Keynote. However, while the OS X version has a separate rehearsal mode, the iOS version doesn't seem to have that, and I'd love to see presenter notes next to the slides while I rehearse.

Would a VGA dummy plug do the trick with the Lightning-VGA adapter, which I already have?

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
I believe so. I've definitely had notes and slides up together when presenting with my iPad connected. You could also do remote mode by making your iPad be the keynote remote to your iPhone if you have one. Have your iPhone play the presentation then open keynote on your iPad and connect to your iPhone. Your iPad will go into presentation mode.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I believe so. I've definitely had notes and slides up together when presenting with my iPad connected. You could also do remote mode by making your iPad be the keynote remote to your iPhone if you have one. Have your iPhone play the presentation then open keynote on your iPad and connect to your iPhone. Your iPad will go into presentation mode.

I completely forgot that I can use the iPad as the remote for the iPhone. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.