Any way to get a VPN switch in SBSettings?

Orioles Magic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Like the title says. Anyway to add a VPN switch to switchboard? How about tethering through mywi?

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
There is already sbsettings VPN toggle on cydia. Works on iPad 3.2. Haven't tried on the iPhone.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
I now find that toggle useless.

I have multiple VPN accounts, and it only activates whichever is selected in Settings, which many times is not the one I want.

It also does not work for any non-stock VPN connection, such as if you use AnyConnect VPN. That can only be enabled through the AnyConnect program.

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I now find that toggle useless.

I have multiple VPN accounts, and it only activates whichever is selected in Settings, which many times is not the one I want.

It also does not work for any non-stock VPN connection, such as if you use AnyConnect VPN. That can only be enabled through the AnyConnect program.
I can personally attest that I use the SBSettings VPN Toggle to turn my AnyConnect VPN connection on and off every day, without any problems.

I think you might be experiencing issues, possibly because the VPN toggle on SBSettings will only turn on and off the first VPN config listed in your iOS Settings (pure speculation).

In the end, the only way I envision being able to manage multiple VPN connections in something like SBSettings, would be having to use a dedicated toggle for each independent VPN. But I suspect the ROI for a Cydia developer to create such is minimal, given the number of folks around here who are managing multiple VPNs on their phone is probably pretty small.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.