Any way to get a VPN switch in SBSettings?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Orioles Magic, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Orioles Magic macrumors newbie

Like the title says. Anyway to add a VPN switch to switchboard? How about tethering through mywi?

2. rutiger macrumors regular

There is already sbsettings VPN toggle on cydia. Works on iPad 3.2. Haven't tried on the iPhone.

3. navigates macrumors 6502a

Works on the iphone 4. I used it and works well. No issues.

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Interesting. I can turn on my VPN via settings, but not via the toggle in SBSettings.

5. BS0D macrumors newbie

BS0D

You can do that with SBSettings and the following add-on: http://modmyi.com/cydia/sbsettings-vpn

Enjoy

6. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

I now find that toggle useless.

I have multiple VPN accounts, and it only activates whichever is selected in Settings, which many times is not the one I want.

It also does not work for any non-stock VPN connection, such as if you use AnyConnect VPN. That can only be enabled through the AnyConnect program.

7. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

I can personally attest that I use the SBSettings VPN Toggle to turn my AnyConnect VPN connection on and off every day, without any problems.

I think you might be experiencing issues, possibly because the VPN toggle on SBSettings will only turn on and off the first VPN config listed in your iOS Settings (pure speculation).

In the end, the only way I envision being able to manage multiple VPN connections in something like SBSettings, would be having to use a dedicated toggle for each independent VPN. But I suspect the ROI for a Cydia developer to create such is minimal, given the number of folks around here who are managing multiple VPNs on their phone is probably pretty small.