Any way to get mouse acceleration to work the same way as in Windows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ostrykolesz, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ostrykolesz macrumors member

Any way to get mouse acceleration to work the same way as in Windows? When using an external mouse with OS X the acceleration is not consistent and it feels unpredictable. I can't get used to it. Is there any way to make OS X feel like Windows when it comes to mouse acceleration?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You can increase it by opening System Preference->Keyboard & Mouse. Also look on that Mouse's software (check on MacUpdate.com) because sometime they have software to increase acceleration.

3. ostrykolesz thread starter macrumors member

There is no option to change the acceleration of the mouse in System Preferences.

4. ostrykolesz thread starter macrumors member

OK. I fixed my mouse (SteelSeries Rival). I installed the SteelSeries Engine software - that didn't help at all. Once I uninstalled the SteelSeries Engine software my mouse began behaving like it did in Windows. Weird - but it worked.

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I've used both Windows and OS X and can't figure out what people want exactly when they want the mouse acceleration like it is in Windows. It seems to be such a common complaint, too.

I guess it's something fairly subjective and hard to explain, but I wish I could understand it so I could stop rolling my eyes at people. :)

6. Idgit macrumors 6502

Idgit

Http://www.smoothmouse.com

This will allow you to select Windows style acceleration or disable mouse acceleration all together.

7. ostrykolesz thread starter macrumors member

I think it's just something people are used to. For me everything is working fine now, but the deceleration and acceleration were set too high.