Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
Hi all,
my "editable posters" project... is there any way to get Picasa to store PDF's or Doc files? It's my activist poster thing. I'm currently storing them at Humyo but they delete everything after 3 months if you don't log in. Scary.

But if you have a great free Googlesites sort of storage place for my Open Source or doc editable flyers, then I'd also be all ears.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
Cool! I couldn't see if Dropbox had a time limit like Humyo... I get lazy sometimes and might not work on my greenie activist stuff for a while ... so the Humyo thing kinda freaks me out.

Also, 350 mb at Dropbox is enough for my little 1mbd flyers!

Hey, I went to wink then and the smilies aren't working.

Anyway, what about Skitch... is it just another suped up Flicker or can it store .doc files etc? How much storage? i couldn't see a faq

vandozza

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2006
Australia
yeah i think skitch is a bit more like flicker as in you can create an online gallery. eventually skitch will (most likely) become paid software, or the online storage part might be paid, they havn't told us yet.

afaik there's no "time limit" on dropbox, i think the free accounts get 1gb though.

the other one that i should have mentioned is .mac/idisk. not free but still achieves the online storage, that you can allow people access to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.