Any way to get the PowerBook-style trackpad behavior back?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GeeYouEye, Sep 10, 2012.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Before the MacBook Pro debuted with two-finger scrolling, one used to be able to make the cursor fly across the screen of a PowerBook by tapping two points on the trackpad in rapid succession. Because there was no multitouch support on these old trackpads, two taps in rapid succession looked like a very fast swipe, and the cursor would jump across the screen. I got really good a precision jumping the cursor this way.

With the MBP and scrolling built in, that ability was removed. While the much larger trackpads in the last 6 years (not to mention scrolling, 3-finger swiping, etc.) more than make up for the loss, I'm feeling nostalgic and I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to get the old behavior back. A Better Touch Tool does not work for this purpose, AFAICT.

2. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

I know what you mean. I use to do this as well, although on my Windows notebook at the time.

This wasn't necessarity a 'function' but rather a characteristic of resistive-type touchpads. If you have any touchscreen that use resistive technology, it does the same thing when you put two styluses in two different spots.

Obviously as it wasn't a feature, it cannot be replicated with capacitive style touchpads.