Any way to get the PowerBook-style trackpad behavior back?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GeeYouEye, Sep 10, 2012.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

Dec 9, 2001
    State of Denial
    Before the MacBook Pro debuted with two-finger scrolling, one used to be able to make the cursor fly across the screen of a PowerBook by tapping two points on the trackpad in rapid succession. Because there was no multitouch support on these old trackpads, two taps in rapid succession looked like a very fast swipe, and the cursor would jump across the screen. I got really good a precision jumping the cursor this way.

With the MBP and scrolling built in, that ability was removed. While the much larger trackpads in the last 6 years (not to mention scrolling, 3-finger swiping, etc.) more than make up for the loss, I'm feeling nostalgic and I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to get the old behavior back. A Better Touch Tool does not work for this purpose, AFAICT.
  2. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I know what you mean. I use to do this as well, although on my Windows notebook at the time.

This wasn't necessarity a 'function' but rather a characteristic of resistive-type touchpads. If you have any touchscreen that use resistive technology, it does the same thing when you put two styluses in two different spots.

Obviously as it wasn't a feature, it cannot be replicated with capacitive style touchpads.