Any way to keep the time from going away in landscape mode?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by krashx7, Sep 19, 2014.

1. krashx7 macrumors regular

texting or using safari the time/status bar disappears in landscape. Any way to fix that? I find it quite annoying..

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting. I use landscape so rarely I guess that I never really noticed that.

3. twintin macrumors 6502

not sure I understand the issue. Does the whole status bar disappear or just the time ?

Because I use Safari in landscape and can see the time.

4. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

If you mean on an iPhone 6 Plus, I have the same problem. No status bar in landscape mode.

5. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I noticed this happening pretty early on in the beta cycle. I'm not sure if it was in beta 1, but I think it was definitely happening by beta 2 or 3. It only happens on the iPhone (not the iPad) and it also only seems to happen in apple apps (mail, messages, safari, etc). When you switch to landscape mode the whole status bar disappears.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a beta bug, but over the months I was using the beta I decided that I liked the feature. When the phone is in landscape mode, especially when the keyboard is up, there is very little screen space, so this gives you at least a bit more available space.

As far as I know, though, there is no way to turn it off. If you need to see the time you can either swap it into portrait mode or pull down the notification bar (or, in early 2015, look at your apple watch) ;)