Any way to know what URL you are about to click on even though the status bar hidden?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by NewbieToMacs, Aug 18, 2013.

1. NewbieToMacs macrumors newbie

I'm used to PC's where you can hover your mouse over a link and the URL shows before you click it even if I have the status bar hidden.

Is there any way to do this trick in Safari without a status bar taking up precious screen space? Maybe an extension or setting I don't know about?

Thank you for your help.

2. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

You could give Ultimate Status Bar a try. It doesn't show the link in a hover box like you are asking, but it does make a temporary informational status bar pop up when you hover over a link, and even gives file size and type info for links if available.

3. NewbieToMacs thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome stuff tag, it gets the job done and I really like it so far :)

Thank you for your reply.

4. mattferg macrumors 6502

5. NewbieToMacs thread starter macrumors newbie

Argh!

I love the extension and it works perfectly... EXCEPT when you zoom into a page whatsoever. Due to my less than perfect eyesight I usually do this to know what Im clicking on which messes the extension up. Sigh, so SO close to being perfect :(

Hmmm I might look into it but I remember seeing on a keynote that chrome uses around 1.6 times the amount of power safari does. I'll check it out though nonetheless. Thank you for letting me know.

6. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Try setting the minimum font size to larger text within safari's advanced preferences.

My minimum is always 12 pt.