Any way to make search criteria more specific?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by The Californian, Sep 28, 2009.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I was wondering if there is any way to isolate a search to get better suited results? For example, if I want to search thread titles alone for "Apple Tablet", is there anyway that I can exclude all of results that solely have that phrase in the body and not in the title? Thanks - Eric

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Contrary to what most people say, I believe that the search here works pretty well. In the advanced search, you can limit your searches to just thread titles, or certain subforums, or from a specific (or many specific) poster(s).

3. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

I'm a pretty avid MRoogle proponent and have spoken with edesignuk about this and he told me that this isn't possible through MRoogle.

I didn't even know there was an Advanced Search option here, the only way I found it was by clicking the "Search Forums" button with an empty search field. I wonder why there isn't a link to go advanced from within search results?

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The navigation bar on every forum page contains a "Search" Javascript menu that links directly to the Advanced Search page.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I've actually used the built in search a lot more as of late since google/mroogle doesn't have moderator privileges and can't search certain areas. Now that I'm used to it, the built in search isn't all that bad. I can usually get the same search from it that a Mroogle search would turn up. Or close enough that it doesn't matter.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

On the Advanced Search page:
    search-apple-tablet.png

7. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Have you ever been in the mall parking lot and have someone ask you where the mall is? Yah, I'm that guy.