Any way to mirror iPhone if muted?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Zorn, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Several of the settings in Apple Watch I noticed have an option to mirror whatever is set on iPhone. Is there any way to have it automatically mute itself whenever the iPhone is muted? Right now I have the vibrate switch set 'on' on my iPhone, but the Apple Watch is making little dings and beeps.

Is this something I will have to manually set independently on each device? Kind of annoying if so.

2. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Waiting for my watch to come today so I'm not positive, but I believe there is a silent button in the settings glance. That should mute sounds but still provide tactic feedback for messages.

Do not disturb will silence notifications and feedback, and you can choose to make the watch and iPhone mirror the settings

3. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

Personally I think this should be part of continuity. I think that when you enter 'Do not disturb' on your iOS device, Mac or Watch, all of the devices you own should enter the 'Do not disturb' mode. They should all be in sync.

4. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

DnD does sync between iPhone and watch which is nice. Hopefully the will make it sync with iPad, and Mac someday.

5. MacFan23 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

6. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

Thats tidy, I'm glad that exists. If they can do it between the :apple:Watch and iPhone surely it's possible with the rest of our :apple: devices.

7. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Yeah I know DnD does sync up between the two, but it's very odd that the sounds won't sync as well. I doubt you'd want your phone on silent but the watch making noise.

8. Phillybizzle macrumors regular

I've just asked this same question, I don't want to have to mute both devices separately..