Any way to raise up an Apple display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WilliamG, Dec 31, 2009.

1. WilliamG macrumors 604

I currently use a 24" Apple LED Cinema Display. I love it to death, but wish it were a tad higher on my desk as I'm quite tall. Are there any smart products which will do this? I'd like something that preferably matches the aesthetic of the display.

Thanks all!

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

An arm mount would work, and can fit asthetically as well. :)

If you were after simple, I recall someone using books to set the stand on. :D

3. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

lol. I need a stand of some sort, not an arm mount, and it definitely must not be books! :D

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

They come in stand versions too. Take a look here, and see if there's something that you're intersted in.

I just like the articulated arms myself, as you can fine adjust them (more position possibilities than a stand, including the ability to rotate). That said, my current monitor has a decent stand to it, and I've not obtained an arm for it. I'm undecided yet, as the ones I like aren't inexpensive, and I see the expense as a waste if it's not needed.

I presume in your case it's not a luxury, but more of a necessity, as I'm tall as well (over 6').

5. August West macrumors member

6. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

That's pretty cool, but the aesthetics aren't there, sadly. :(

I saw those! The aesthetics are great, but it doesn't raise the display very much it seems. Just enough to slide an Apple keyboard underneath isn't really enough. :(

7. August West macrumors member

The mini stand is 2.3" tall. The laptop stands are 1.5". How much are you looking to raise it?

8. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

Ahhhh I wasn't looking at the mini stand. That should do the trick perfectly. Thank you! :)

9. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I do agree that a lot of the stands on that site are not the smoothest looking stands I have seen, but the LS9109 is not bad at all.

10. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

Aluminum is key, but thanks for the link. I have a friend who wants to get one of those now! :D

11. nanofrog macrumors G4

The stand types aren't attractive, though functional. I more prefer the articulated arms, such as this (it doesn't take up as much desk surface, and I can't knock the thing off either :eek: :p). Though there's other brands (on other sites) that are even better in terms of asthetics.