Any way to record voice memos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thermos, Sep 10, 2007.

1. thermos macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been discussed, I just can't find the info anywhere. As far as I can tell/from what I have heard, you can't record simple voice memos to yourself (as in a Nokia phone, that has an entire menu option dedictaed to this). Is this true? If so, anyone found a workaround? This would be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

hack it and install installer.app. via the installer.app, you can download I think it's called Vnotes or something...

that program will let you record voice memos.

for information on hacking, search this forum and the hackint0sh.org forums.

3. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Just to let you know...when people speak of Installer.app and "hacking," this isn't something that is hard to do AT ALL. It is just about the simplest process you could possibly think of. Easy as pie.

5. thermos thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much guys! Thats awesome. So i've read mixed things about the hacking, is it still safe to update via apple software update/itunes or does it make updating a little more complex?

6. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

You will *most* likely have to do a restore. You'll lose mail settings and notes, and photos. Make sure you back those up separately first. (I just emailed myself the Notes, use iPhoto for the photos)

And, no, you are never safe. Apple can make the latest great hack ineffective with one small firmware upgrade. Bummer. But if you get the restore thing down so that it's pretty painless, the it's less of an issue.